2012-11-02

Looking for fall colors

As I was off duty today, I've been to Yamanakako Lake with Kyoko expecting to view colorful maple leaves there. Yamanakako is located about 1000m above sea level so that the temperature is always about 5, 6 deg C lower than my living place in Machida, Tokyo. At Yamanakako, autumn leaves festival has been held from last week till Nov.11. Although most of maple leaves are still green, we found some nice colored trees and enjoyed viewing. Mt.Fuji with white snow on its top viewed clearly over the lake. Along the lake side street, we found nice gallery. There are many attractive calligraphy works written by bamboo brush. One of them inspired my heart.

2 comments:

VE9KK said...

Thanks very much for sharing the pictures the mountain looks fabulous!! It is fall here as well but the leaves are almost gone from the trees. The temps have been dropping to the negatives so the leaves did not last long. Plus we had the left overs from hurricane Sandy as well.
Mike
VE3WDM

Atsu JE1TRV said...

Mike san
Thanks for your comment.
I'm happy to here that you are doing well. I'm sorry to hear about huge damage by the hurricane Sandy on the east coast area.