2011-05-07

Golden Week Holidays

We had a long golden week this year from April/29 till Mat/8.
I went to short trip to JA3 area (Shiga & Nara) and JA9 area (Fukui) with wife and daughter and my mother who is living in JA3 area (Hyogo) alone.

April/30, we went Shizugatake mountain where located north part of Lake Biwa.

After Shizugatake, we visited the place of my family's origin in Kinomoto town and pray at my father's grave.

We stayed at Kokou-An Inn in Kinomoto town.
It was pretty quiet place and had very nice hot-spa there.


Next morning we visited Shakudo-ji where famous 11-face-kannon (Goddess of Mercy which has 11 faces) a kind of wooden statue.
Photo took at the front passage to the Shakudo-ji temple.


Then we moved to JA9 area (Fukui), and visited Tojinbo where impressive scenic spot facing to the Japan sea.


and Eiheiji-temple. It was a bit disappontment because it was commercialized than I thought.


We went back to JA3 Area (Hyogo) and stayed at my mother's home.

On the 3rd day, we visited Nara.
This is a kind of ancient remains "Saka-Fune-iseki"
The puropose of that shape of stone is unknown. But some says it was used for squeeze Sake.


This is one of a famous temple in Japan, Horyuji temple.
There are a lot of national treasures.


This is "Ishibutai-kofun" a kind of ancient stone grave.


Finally, we visited "Toshho-daiji" temple.
Here also one of most famous temple in Japan and
there have many national treasures too.


It was short 2-day-stay in kansai district, but it was very impressive and happy time with my family.

I'm afraid my 75-year-mother got tired due to many up/down steps and walks.

I hope to go somewhere nice place again with family soon.

4 comments:

VE9KK said...

Good morning Atsu, looks like it was a very nice and relaxing trip. They are very nice pictures.

John said...

Beautiful part of the country. Would like to visit one day.

Atsu JE1TRV said...

VE3WDM, Thanks for your comments, Mike san
Your low power projects are interesting. I made hyperlink to your blog.

Hi, John san.
Yes, please try to visit country side of Japan next time!

73 Atsu

Renato Nunes - PY1ET said...

Renato Nunes PY1ET'm here and I live in Rio de Janeiro and I confess that I admire all of you for your organization excels and respect among all. Here in Brazil is nothing like that. Congratulations to you esteemed colleague and continue publicizing our amateur between this world away.
I confess that I do not speak English and the translator of google Usai. So speak Portuguese, and even then our very badly ... LOL

73 ...