2009-03-22

K3 Forced Repatriation

After one week investigation at local K3 holder's shack with Elecraft engineering support by e-mail, my K3's trouble is found as serious.

Following video clips are the comparison of bad K3 and normal K3 submitted to Elecraft engineer for their reference.

[Case-1]
my K3 upper, my friends' K3 lower.
receiving strong signal out of filter bandwidth.
First upper then lower and repeat.

[Case-2]
Same setup with receiving strong signal within thefilter bandwidth.
Swiching bad K3 and normal K3 vice versa.

I appreciate Elecraft enginner's patient support everyday.
But unfortunately, no improvement obserbed.
I deceided to send my K3 to the factory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sound is too bad.
I hope your K3 will come back soon.

John said...

I find my K2 almost perfect. No key clicks heard on the headphones when using full break-in. Maybe I will reconsider buying K3 after your comments Atsu san...

Busy working in a shipyard repairing the "Rockwater 2" - I am not very active these past few weeks because I come home very tired. In bed by 9 pm. I must be getting old !!!

John 9 V 1 V V

Atsu JE1TRV said...

Hi John san
Thanks for your comment.
Well K2 is almost perfect for CW ops, I agree.

My K3 is still in the Elecraft factory and not fixed yet.

I miss your signal from 9V1 recently but please take good rest when you are at home.

see you!