2008-11-24

Eyeball Meeting in Miura


We had a wonderfull eyeball meeting at JE1RZR, Manabu's home in Miura-city last Saturday.
Local CW related friends gathered there.
The main purpose was to confirm how quiet (low noise) his location is compared with those of my location in Machida-city.
As the conclusion, His loacation is obiously quieter than mine.
Therefore, I believe K2 with wide filter setting is confortable very much for long ragchew than using K3 there.
I think K2 is the best CW rig under the circumstance of no interference.
K3 has nice fuction to fight against heavy QRM & QRN, So it's the best in contest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super Elecraft tower of QRP power! The K3 is proving itself as ham radio's vanguard transceiver and setting a new standard for many manufacturers. Looks like everyone had a lot of ham radio fun as well.

73
Scot, KA3DRR

Atsu JE1TRV said...

Hi Scot,
Yes indeed.
K3 is an epoch making radio for amateurs.
I like Elecraft's policy of their products.
Only one disappointment on Elecraft is their closed marketing policy to Japan.
I wish they will change their mind to allow us (Japanese redident in Japan Island) to buy K3 directly from US. At this moment we must buy K3 through JA reseller (EDC Co.).

Anonymous said...

Hello Atsu,
Really enjoyed our SKCC QSO this AM on 40M. Your 100W & 2ele ant. was doing a great job here. I traded my IC775 in on the FT2kD, wish I had kept it and traded my TS570 instead. Hope the bands continue to improve.
Thanks agn hpe to CUAgn soon.
73, Joe k0ivk SKCC 1436T

Atsu JE1TRV said...

Hi Joe, Thank you for your comment!
I'm very pleased to see you on the air with straight key, hi!
I hope band condx will improve much more then become easy to hook up wid you soon.

PS. I linked your nice website.

CWYL Atsu, JE1TRV