2010-01-31

Portable Antenna Trial

Today, wx was pretty warm so I tested my special portable antenna.
This time special was loading coil which is placed top of the 4m-long fishing-rod.
The loading coil is made by aluminium code about 7m long. The point of my idea is its shape. I wound aluminium code in three parts in different diameter so that they can be fold up very compact. Yes! It is retractable coil. As this idea comes from Japanese lantern "Cho-Chin"[提灯], I named this coil "Cho-chin-Coil".




I'm planning to get pattent for this superior idea. (^^v

Today I worked with JA5 station that is about 600km away on 40m band by 3W output of KX1.


4 comments:

tomo said...

how nice! If I have any small one like yours, I bring it and FT-817 to Arizona where I visit in this week. I am sorry that I don't have so I am going to be on 440MHz not 40m with my VX-3 instead. See you in the Kanto UHF. hi hi

Atsu JE1TRV said...

tomo san
Thanks for your comment.
Please invent miracle HF portable antenna and take it next time. I need CW QSO with you!!

Anyway, have a nice trip to AZ!
Atsu

John said...

Ha ha !!

The antenna looks like the Slinky Toy - the one that "walks" down the stairs. Come to think of it, maybe you could use a Slinky Toy as a variable inductor :-)

John / 9 V 1 V V

Atsu JE1TRV said...

Hi John san
Yes, it's like Slinky.
But additional point on my antenna is its different diameter. Having three diferent diameter makes the antenna be retractable into 1/3 in size.